||Cavity design for the generation of cylindrical vector beam with low M-squared beam quality
||Department of Photonics
cylindrical vector beam
M-squared quality factor
In this thesis, the design of the four-mirror resonance cavity is mainly used to generate cylindrical vector beam, which is produced by separating e-ray and o-ray from birefringence crystal Nd:GdVO4. Radially polarized beam can be cause from e-ray and azimuthally polarized beam from o-ray. In the stable range between 0 and 1, different patterns can be obtained by adjusting the length of the resonance cavity. When the first length of Z1 is 9.61 cm, the cylindrical vector beam can be observed in a wide range. Under the specific length, the cylindrical vector beam has a small divergence angle and power stability. At the same configuration, cylindrical vector beam has a good polarization in spatial distribution, and the M-squared quality factor of the cylindrical vector beam is demonstrated with a low value.
1.1 簡介 1
1.2 研究動機與目的 4
2.1.4 M-squared品質因子 13
2.2 圓柱向量光的產生與光形變化 15
2.2.2 G1G2模擬範圍 20
3.1 結論 44
1. Q. Zhan, "Cylindrical vector beams: from mathematical concepts to applications," Adv. Opt. Photon.1, 1-57 (2009).
2. Y. Mushiake, K. Matsumura, and N. Nakajima, "Generation of radially polarized optical beam mode by laser oscillation," Proc. IEEE 60, 1107-1109 (1972).
3. D. Pohl, "Operation of a ruby laser in the purely transverse electric mode TE01," Appl. Phys. Lett.20, 266-267 (1972).
4. S. Sato, Y. Harada, and Y. Waseda, "Optical trapping of microscopic metal particles," Opt.Lett.19, 1807-1809 (1994).
5. T. Kuga, Y. Torii, N. Shiokawa, T. Hirano, Y. Shimizu, and H. Sasada, "Novel optical trap of atoms with a doughnut beam," Phys. Rev. Lett.78, 4713 (1997).
6. B. Hafizi, E. Esarey, and P. Sprangle, "Laser-driven acceleration with Bessel beams," Phys. Rev. E 55, 3539 (1997).
7. M. Meier, V. Romano, and T. Feurer, "Material processing with pulsed radially and azimuthally polarized laser radiation," Appl. Phys. A 86, 329-334 (2007).
8. V. Niziev, and A. Nesterov, "Influence of beam polarization on laser cutting efficiency," J. Phys. D Appl. Phys.32, 1455 (1999).
9. L. Novotny, M. Beversluis, K. Youngworth, and T. Brown, "Longitudinal field modes probed by single molecules," Phys. Rev. Lett.86, 5251 (2001).
10. S. C. Tidwell, D. H. Ford, and W. D. Kimura, "Generating radially polarized beams interferometrically," Appl. Opt.29, 2234-2239 (1990).
11. M. Bashkansky, D. Park, and F. K. Fatemi, "Azimuthally and radially polarized light with a nematic SLM," Opt.Express 18, 212-217 (2010).
12. H. Kawauchi, Y. Kozawa, and S. Sato, "Generation of radially polarized Ti: sapphire laser beam using a c-cut crystal," Opt.Lett.33, 1984-1986 (2008).
13. Y. Kozawa, and S. Sato, "Generation of a radially polarized laser beam by use of a conical Brewster prism," Opt. Lett.30, 3063-3065 (2005).
14. M. A. Ahmed, A. Voss, M. M. Vogel, and T. Graf, "Multilayer polarizing grating mirror used for the generation of radial polarization in Yb: YAG thin-disk lasers," Opt.Lett.32, 3272-3274 (2007).
15. K. Yonezawa, Y. Kozawa, and S. Sato, "Generation of a radially polarized laser beam by use of the birefringence of a c-cut Nd: YVO4 crystal," Opt.Lett.31, 2151-2153 (2006).
16. M. D. Wei, Y. S. Lai, and K. C. Chang, "Generation of a radially polarized laser beam in a single microchip Nd:YVO4 laser," Opt. Lett.38, 2443-2445 (2013).
17. S. Vyas, Y. Kozawa, and S. Sato, "Generation of radially polarized Bessel–Gaussian beams from c-cut Nd: YVO4 laser," Opt.Lett.39, 1101-1104 (2014).
18. K.-C. Chang, and M.-D. Wei, "Generation and transformation of azimuthal and radial polarization in a typically three-element Nd: GdVO4 laser," Proc. of SPIE Vol. 9194, p. 919415 (2014).
19. K.-G. Hong, B.-J. Hung, and M.-D. Wei, "Low threshold of a continuous-wave mode-locked and azimuthally polarized Nd:YVO4laser with a semiconductor saturable absorber mirror," J. Opt.18 (2016).
20. A. E. Siegman, "Lasers, chapt. 17," (University Science Books, Mill Valley, CA, 1986).
21. M.-D. Wei, and W.-F. Hsieh, "Cavity-configuration-dependent nonlinear dynamics in Kerr-lens mode-locked lasers," J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 17, 1335-1342 (2000).
22. A. E. Siegman, "How to (maybe) measure laser beam quality," in Diode Pumped Solid State Lasers: Applications and Issues(Optical Society of America), p. MQ1.(1998)
23. Y. Du, "Measurement of M2-curve for asymmetric beams by self-referencing interferometer wavefront sensor," Sensors 16, 2014 (2016).
24. A. Ito, Y. Kozawa, and S. Sato, "Selective oscillation of radially and azimuthally polarized laser beam induced by thermal birefringence and lensing," J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 26, 708-712 (2009).
25. I. Moshe, S. Jackel, and A. Meir, "Production of radially or azimuthally polarized beams in solid-state lasers and the elimination of thermally induced birefringence effects," Opt.Lett.28, 807-809 (2003).
26. R. Oron, S. Blit, N. Davidson, A. A. Friesem, Z. Bomzon, and E. Hasman, "The formation of laser beams with pure azimuthal or radial polarization," Appl. Phys. Lett.77, 3322-3324 (2000).
27. P. Bélanger, "Beam propagation and the ABCD ray matrices," Opt.Lett.16, 196-198 (1991).
28. T. F. Johnston Jr, and M. W. Sasnett, "Characterization of Laser Beams: The M2 Model," in Handbook of Optical and Laser Scanning, Second Edition, pp. 26-93.(2016)
29. X. Luo, P. Chen, and Y. Wang, "Power content M2-values smaller than one," Appl. Phys. B 98, 181 (2010).
30. A. E. Siegman, "New developments in laser resonators," in Optical resonators(International Society for Optics and Photonics), pp. 2-15.(1990)
31. H. Yu, Y. Liu, A. Braglia, G. Rossi, and G. Perrone, "Investigation of collimating and focusing lenses’ impact on laser diode stack beam parameter product," Appl.Opt.54, 10240-10248 (2015).