This paper starts with the development process of urban park, tries to organize community park as the connotation of the sports park, and then reorganizes the accessible environmental factors which the sports park should have by the AHP. Regional environment outside the park, off-site environment outside the main body of the venue and the venue itself in order to develop barrier-free environmental facilities assessment indicators, as the basis for expert questionnaire. Through the calculation of the” Expert Choice”, the weight of each level factor is obtained. And then according to the framework of the city park in Kaohsiung City, survey on-site . By comparing the levels of factors in the weight and site survey results, to understand the current urban sports park in the barrier-free environment, and make recommendations.
Keywords: community-based sports park, barrier-free environment
There are two main users of barrier-free facilities: the elderly and those who are physically and mentally handicapped. According to the statistics of the Ministry of Health and Welfare, the total number of the two is about 15.5%. That is, every 6.4 individuals have one person is vulnerable to action on the ethnic group. If these groups are coupled with infants and young children, pregnant women, the number of people with disabilities in the short term, will be much larger than the existing public sector any statistics. It is possible to imagine the need for barrier-free facilities in the park.
At present, the regulations on barrier-free facilities are mainly focused on buildings. Although the Guidelines on the Establishment of Access Facilities for Urban Park Green Areas are promulgated by Construction Departmentin in 2014, only some of the facilities in the park are subject to the principle of regulation. Parks and other open space is still no clear and rigorous executive decree. Therefore, this study aims at this situation, to explore the accessibility of urban sports park should have the assessment of environmental indicators.
MATERIALS AND METHODS
In this study, the following three research methods are proposed:
First, the literature review method
By studying the history of the origins and development of parks in the urban area, the classification of parks, classification of parks, design of barrier-free design and universal design principles are summarized. And review the investigation and evaluation of facilities such as barrier-free or handicapped facilities, to study the structure and content of barrier-free facility planning and design of community-based sports parks and the methods of survey and evaluation.
Second, the Analytic Hierarchy Process
According to the principle of Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), the evaluation index system of barrier - free facilities in community sports parks was developed, and expert questionnaire survey was carried out. According to the survey results, the data were analyzed by hierarchical analysis method to determine the weight of each evaluation item in the evaluation index.
Third, the Status Survey Methods
The current status of the survey is based on Kaohsiung's existing community-based sports park for the object, by the researchers to collect data, the actual inspection or measurement survey. The purpose of this study is to demonstrate the differences between the assessment indicators and the actual situation of sports park facilities.
RESULT AND DISCUSSION
At the stratum level, the weights of the experts' investigation are the off-site environment> the regional environment> the on-site environment. But the current survey found that the on-site environment> off-site environment> regional environment.Experts believe that the park itself, that is, off-site environment, is the most important factor, but the field survey reached only 67%, need to be strengthened.The regional environment was considered by the experts to be a secondary factor, but the status survey showed that the achievement rate was the lowest. It indicates that the development of the park should pay attention to the location factors to achieve the development of the economy. In addition the external environment of the pedestrian walkway construction, public transport system, are to be strengthened.The on-site environment is the least important factor that experts believe, the current situation survey has shown the opposite trend. From a sports park point of view, the park management unit caters to the needs of the sports population, creating a playground that fits in a barrier-free environment. For the promotion of sports, to provide urban population health, comfortable sports space is a positive development.
Suggestions for the Improvement of community-based sports park in Kaohsiung City.
First, the regional environment
1. Availability: The original Kaohsiung County jurisdiction within the township, should avoid the misuse of land use zoning development waste.
2. Supportability: The current use of the park seems to have not been incorporated into the idea. For the existing buildings within the park should be considered with the community of other public space resources, effective use.
Second, the off-site environment
1. Security: Emergency call or rescue equipment is generally inadequate, part of the park is the lack of maintenance. Management units should increase the frequency of maintenance to prevent accidents.
2. Convenience: Indicator system is generally ignored, not set or lack of systematic set. The content of labeling does not consider the needs of the elderly or the visually impaired. Disabled parking space is not taken seriously, especially the parking spaces of motorcycles
Third, the on-site environment
1. Security: The lack of emergency rescue equipment in sports venues is a common situation. In order to control the vehicle into the park and set the car resistance, but also blocked the emergency vehicles into.
2. Accessibility: Service facilities near the playground such as toilets, changing rooms, rest rooms, etc., as the main users are generally normal, so most do not meet the barrier-free facilities. This is also the cause of disability for non-exclusive sports venues deterred the main reason.